В§ 806. Harassment or punishment
A financial obligation collector may well not take part in any conduct the natural result of that will be to harass, oppress, or punishment anyone in connection with the number of a financial obligation. The following conduct is a violation of this section without limiting the general application of the foregoing
(1) The usage or risk of usage of physical violence or any other unlawful methods to damage the real individual, reputation, or home of any individual.
(2) The utilization of obscene or language the normal result of which can be to abuse the hearer or reader.
(3) The book of a summary of customers whom presumably will not spend debts, except to a customer agency that is reporting to persons fulfilling what’s needed of part 1681a(f) or 1681b(3) 1 of the name.
(4) The ad obtainable of every financial obligation to coerce payment of this debt.
(5) Causing a telephone to ring or engaging any individual in phone discussion over repeatedly or constantly with intent to annoy, punishment, or harass any person at the called quantity.
(6) Except as supplied in part 1692b of this name, the keeping of phone calls without meaningful disclosure associated with caller’s identification.
В§ 807. False or deceptive representations
A financial obligation collector may well not utilize any false, misleading, or misleading representation or means online payday loans Oregon associated with the assortment of any debt. The following conduct is a violation of this section without limiting the general application of the foregoing
(1) The false representation or implication that your debt collector is vouched for, bonded by, or connected to america or any State, like the utilization of any badge, uniform, or facsimile thereof.
(2) The false representation of —
(A) the type, quantity, or appropriate status of every financial obligation; or
(B) any solutions rendered or payment that might be lawfully gotten by any financial obligation collector for the number of a financial obligation.
(3) The representation that is false implication that anyone is a lawyer or that any interaction is from a lawyer.
(4) The representation or implication that nonpayment of every financial obligation can lead to the arrest or imprisonment of every individual or perhaps the seizure, garnishment, accessory, or sale of any home or wages of any individual unless such action is legal in addition to financial obligation collector or creditor promises to just just take such action.
(5) The danger to simply take any action that simply cannot be taken or legally that isn’t designed to be used.
(6) The false representation or implication that the purchase, recommendation, or other transfer of any interest in a financial obligation shall result in the consumer to —
(A) lose any claim or protection to re payment associated with the debt; or
(B) become at the mercy of any training prohibited by this subchapter.
(7) The representation that is false implication that the buyer committed any criminal activity or other conduct to be able to disgrace the buyer.
(8) Communicating or threatening to communicate to virtually any person credit information which can be known or that should be regarded as false, such as the failure to communicate that a debt that is disputed disputed.
(9) the utilization or circulation of any written interaction which simulates or perhaps is falsely represented to become a document authorized, granted, or authorized by any court, official, or agency for the usa or any State, or which produces an impression that is false to its supply, authorization, or approval.
(10) making use of any false representation or misleading way to gather or make an effort to collect any debt or even to get information concerning a consumer.
(11) The failure to reveal within the initial penned communication aided by the customer and, in addition, in the event that initial interaction because of the customer is oral, for the reason that initial dental interaction, that the debt collector is wanting to gather a financial obligation and that any information acquired may be useful for that function, plus the failure to reveal in subsequent communications that the communication is from the debt collector, except that this paragraph shall not affect an official pleading produced in reference to an action that is legal.
(12) The representation that is false implication that records have already been turned up to innocent purchasers for value.
(13) The false representation or implication that papers are legal procedure.
(14) the usage any business, business, or organization name except that the name that is true of financial obligation collector’s business, business, or organization.
(15) The representation that is false implication that papers aren’t appropriate process types or don’t require action because of the consumer.
(16) The false representation or implication that a financial obligation collector operates or is utilized by a customer reporting agency as defined by part 1681a(f) with this name.